Your shopping cart is empty
How To Use
What is semi-permanent hair color?
Think of it as a way to try out new or vivid colors that last about six to eight weeks. Our semi-permanent hair dyes only color the outer layer of the hair, there is no ammonia or hydrogen peroxide in them.
The dye your hair won’t die for!
What Hermann’s Amazing hair color WILL do: it will leave you with a unique color that nourishes your hair at the same time. Since the color will eventually fade out, you can switch your look from Rosie Gold to Tammy Turquoise to Fiona Fire and back in no time. And, if you have stayed away from semi-permanent hair dyes in fear of noticeable fade-out, don’t worry!
The awesome thing is that there’s no spottiness.
After ten or so shampoos it just fades into a lighter shade nicely and evenly.
DIY-Friendly hair colors
Pre-lighten your hair to a level 9-10 (blonde) using our Herman's Amazing bleaching kit, we recommend reducing heating tools a week before bleaching. Heat tools damage hair, and bleach is already going to be hard on it. Hair that is natural, not treated, is healthier and will suffer less from bleach.
1. Comb your hair (Combing your hair before bleach helps you to apply everything more evenly and smoothly)
2. Bleach your hair up to level 9
3. Wash off bleach and dry your hair. If your hair is too yellow, use some purple or blue toner\shampoo that can help neutralize the yellow into white. Apply and leave it in for 5-10 minutes. That is important for hair colors so the yellowness won't turn the hair color into a different undertone.
4. Apply a thick layer of hair color and massage it gently into your hair.
5. Leave the hair color for at least two hours or more. You can go for hours or even overnight.
6. The longer you keep it in, the longer the color will last, and the brighter will be the result.
7. Rinse your hair with lukewarm water.
What can you do that makes semi-permanent hair color last longer?
- Before coloring, wash your hair and avoid conditioner or any other hair care product, this will help the color to attach stronger and blend more naturally with your hair and it will last longer.
- Wait at least 48 hours after coloring your hair to wash it. Cuticles will close and lock in the hair color.
- Avoid sulfate shampoos and always use heat protection because semi-permanent hair color hair is more vulnerable to heat.
- Don't wash your hair too often and try using dry shampoo.
- Always wash with lukewarm to cool water because hot water will loosen the dye’s bond.
- Use a soft towel or an old T-shirt to dry hair, hard scrubbing can fade color and make the ends look dry.
- If you plan on spending lots of time in the sun, wear a hat to keep your hair color from fading or lightening.
- Mix our hair color into your conditioner for a regular touch-up, or use leftover hair color as a conditioner while you wash your hair.
All of our hair dyes can be lightened, follow the instructions to get your dream pastel mixture.
- We recommend using our Blanc Blanche Toner with our semi-permanent hair colors.
- When you mix the toner with your color of choice, it will dial down the color allowing you to achieve a soft, pastel shade!'
- As you are doing a pastel haircolor, you must keep it in your hair longer, because you are lighting the pigment, after creating the pastel color you like, apply it with gentle massaging of the hair and leave it in at least 2+ hours.
- All you need to do is choose a color, mix the hair color with our Blanche toner, apply it to your hair, and keep it on for at least an hour for a brighter result.
- The best part about our hair colors is that the formula is ultra-conditioning and damage-free, meaning that you are deep conditioning your hair while coloring.
- To maintain that beautiful pastel tone you have created for your hair for as long as possible, make sure you use a protective hair color conditioner or mask.
- Our hair colors are storable, so you can literally create your shade over and over again and store it in your home and touch up it whenever you need.
- Our damage-free hair dyes are formulated without bleach or chemical lighteners, so they won’t lighten your hair. As such, you’ll notice that even the darkest colors need pre-lightening, except Black dahlia.
- The best way to get your favorite dark color is to bleach your hair up to dark blonde, level 7 (check our bleaching manual) next apply hair color straight after to dry, unconditioned hair. In 60-90 minutes you will have intense color that lasts 8-12 washes.
- If you wish to create a darker color, try mixing black dahlia into your favorite color to make it darker, bear in mind that a little goes a long way, mix color bit by bit until you see the desired color mix.
How can I dye my hair grey at home?
- Bleach hair to level 9-10 (30-40 mint)
- Brighten out yellow undertones with Veronica White or Silvia Silver (1h)
- Perfect platinum hair base ready.
- Apply your chosen gray hair color (1h) Gilda gray is light gray and Mathilda Gray is dark.
Before coloring with our gray hair colors, the base hair color has to be perfect platinum blonde there can't be any yellow tones in your hair. Uneven blond hair will be patchy with green undertones.
The easiest way to get your hair light enough is to bleach your hair first, then use our Veronica White hair color or Sylvia Silver to convert those yellow shades into white. Repeat the steps until your hair is platinum.
How can I dye my hair blonde at home?
- Bleach hair to level 9 (30 mint)
- Brighten with Veronica White (2+ Hours)
- Then you’ll have to treat your hair like a delicate flower, with no harsh pulling or rubbing.
The easiest way to get your hair light enough is to bleach your hair first up to levels 9-10 then use our Veronica White hair color to turn any yellow shades into white. Repeat the steps until your hair is platinum.
UV light glowing hair colors
Our neon hair colors are super radiant, bright, and UV reactive under the black light. For the UV glow, you'll want to use platinum blond hair! Almost all UV-reactive hair colors will require at least a super light blonde base to show up as the best and brightest. UV- reactive colors are very strong and they can last longer than 15 washes.
The first layer of the color will fade in 8-12 washes but the UV will remain. Our Vegan semi-permanent, conditioning hair colors have everything you need to get high-intensity, vibrant hair with unbelievable UV glow.
HERMAN'S AMAZING COLOR CHART
Want more tips? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask our expert!